Hi Elvin,

I only found one other place with sendResp()+kXR_wait and it looks fine to me. Greping for _wait I could not find any other combination with zero. Hmmm, what were you looking at?

Andy

From: Elvin Sindrilaru
Sent: Tuesday, October 06, 2015 3:38 PM
To: xrootd/xrootd
Cc: Andrew Hanushevsky
Subject: Re: [xrootd] XrdOfsTPCAuth deadlock (#290)

Hi Andy,

It's no harm in having it there, maybe it will be useful in the future - but I will still add a comment to explain that we expect the handling of such messages to be done in the layer below. Just to make things clearer when someone reads the code.

When it comes to the sendResp issue detailed 3 posts above, there are several places in the code where the function is called with a direct 0 value for a kXR_wait response that probably should also be reviewed. I just fixed the one related to the callback for open operations.

Elvin

—

---
https://github.com/xrootd/xrootd/issues/290#issuecomment-146027410