On Nov 3, 2015, at 5:04 PM, McCormick, Jeremy I. <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi,

I'm in the process up updating the code that will extract file metadata for the data catalog.

Here's what I have included so far for EVIO files:

"standard" metadata expected by the file catalog...
run number
event count (should this only include physics events?)
file size

extras...
file sequence number
bad event count
first timestamp
last timestamp
first physics event number
last physics event number
END event present
PRESTART event present
EPICS event count
scaler bank count

I'm also including trigger bit counts (singles0, pairs0, etc.).

Anything else you would like to see in there while I'm working on this?

The SVT status and configuration evio banks should go in there I think. They are text banks that happen every 100k or 500k events so are pretty rare (in case your tests don’t show them it might be because you are not running over enough events).

Do we want to put any metadata from the SVT error checking in here?

Not sure exactly how this catalog would be used but it might make sense to include this flag from the event header; svt_event_header_good

If this header is not ok there will be other information in the header but I suspect that we don’t want to catalog that? It can be a lot of information.

I know we wanted also the Faraday Cup charge per file, but I don't know if we want to instead use Sho's numbers here instead (probably more accurate but harder to integrate into my crawler which is only using the EVIO data).

I will move on to the recon/LCIO files next.

Thanks.

--Jeremy