A couple things about the shared copy of hps-java I have installed at...

/u/group/hps/hps_soft/svn/hps-java-trunk

1) It should not be used for any personal development of the code or other resources.  Do not make changes in this copy at all, especially not from your user account.  If you are changing code locally and testing then you should have your own copy of hps-java rather than change anything in here.

2) Once you have checked in code to SVN that you want to run on Auger (for example), you may then feel free to 'svn up' and rebuild the shared copy using 'mvn' to get up to date with trunk, but please do it from the HPS account so the proper file ownership is maintained.

3) The jar files created by the build will actually go to /group/hps/production/repo/ rather than the usual location in the home dir (from the config in ~/.m2/settings.xml on the hps account).

4) You cannot build this from ifarm as it won't be able to access the SVN server or the Maven repositories.  I have been using 'jlabl3' which seems to work fine.

I think that's about it.  Let me know if you have questions about it.

--Jeremy