Hi all,

we have loaded the latest SVT alignment into the production DB and updated 0.5mm and 1.5mm runs (see below the run ranges which defines these). For other opening angles there is no change. We expect these to be used in the next pass.

0.5mm:
For all  0.5mm or “nominal” runs we are using the v3-4-fieldmap detector alignment which was discussed at the collaboration meeting.

1.5mm:
For all 1.5mm runs we are using the same v3-4-fieldmap internal alignment as in the nominal or 0.5mm detector but with adjusted opening angles for 1.5mm. I have verified that this alignment looks ok for a fraction of a single run, I’ll show plots at next analysis or sw meeting. We just have to assume that it looks good for all the runs at this point and I believe that is true until proven otherwise. (this also applies to 0.5mm runs where we looked at more runs but not all of them).

From now on we should not use the “-Ddisable..” switch to unless you know what you are doing. This applies in particular to production runs.

Note: The detector name doesn’t matter for what we are talking about above; you will get these constants no matter what detector you use, only the run number matters here. The detector may change in other ways but the alignment constants will come from the DB. This may be confusing to some but expected given the way we decided to do this.

Let us know if there are questions on any of this.

/Pelle and Sho

Appendix: Table showing the run ranges for the different set of SVT alignment constants. collection_id 1012 (1010) is 0.5mm (1.5mm).

+-----------+---------+---------------+
| run_start | run_end | collection_id |
+-----------+---------+---------------+
|      5037 |    5063 |          1011 |