Hi Łukasz,

On 11/10/15 3:18 AM, Łukasz Tasz wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I recently find out yours xrootd very interesting! thanks a lot for
> developing it!
> I went throu documentation, and I was supprised that it works
> out-of-the-box!!!
> Question is how to make caching proxy working?
>
> do I understand correctly that architecture should be:
> 1. hostA xrootd /share
> 2. hostB xrootd <reshare share form hosta >
> 3. hostC xrootdfs  -o rdr=root://hostB:1094//share /mnt/hostA/share
>

> mainly hostC sees content of share, but unfortunately all requests
> goes to hostA, every time there is communication with hostA.
Yes, open  file or directory  request are first forwarded to origin
(hostA). But, it should it is not always be the case for read requests.

> configuration of hostB is:
> === cut ===
> pss.origin = hostA:1094
> all.export /share
> pss.cachelib libXrdFileCache.so
> pfc.cachedir  /dev/shm/cache
> ofs.osslib libXrdPss.so
> === cut ===
>
> I used fileCache, but I doubt how I can switch to memory cache.

You can switch to RAM based cache if change configuration file and
restart the server.

> what I would like to do is to export remote share in readonly mode to
> many machines in other location but for short period of time, e.g 5
> mins, xrootd loos perfect but I didn't manage to enable caching,
> please advice!

If you want to  only change access permissions, than proxy server might
be enough.

Alja