Ciao, I wanted to prepare a docker container which serves as a disk-cached
xrootd server, in order to deploy a T2-on demand (like) cluster.

I have used a simple configurations, attached in the end.
(By the way, I cannot find anywhere libFileCache.so, do you know in which
RPM it lives?)
The problem to me seems to come from the fact that in docker 'hostname' is
not to be trusted; indeed whan I start xrootd I get

151110 09:08:27 166 XrdConfig: Unable to determine host name;  ai_family
not supported ; execution terminated.

and the output of hostname -f is just

bash-4.1# hostname -f
0fe2635bea83

Any way I can force xrootd to start in such situation?
thanks a lot

tom

config:

bash-4.1# cat xrootd-proxy.cfg
# Tell everyone who the manager is
#
all.manager 127.0.0.1:1213

# Everyone will export /data red-only with the stage option. The stage
# option requests that if the file isn’t found in the cluster the
# redirector should send the client to a PFC server with enough space to
# cache the file.
#
all.export /store stage r/o

# First configure the redirector cmsd/xrootd using if-else-fi. However,
# the server cmsd configuration differs from that for the xrootd.
# So, we break those out in the if-else-fi clauses.
#
if redirector
all.role manager

# Server’s cmsd configuration – all PFC’s are virtual data servers
#
else if exec cmsd

all.role server

# The cmsd uses the standard oss plug-in but needs a specialized stat
# plugin to locate files in the cache. Also, the oss plug-in must be
# told where the cache is actually located via the space directive.
#
oss.statlib /usr/lib64/libXrdPss-4.so
oss.space public /data/xrootd-cache

# Server’s xrootd configuration – all PFC’s are virtual data servers
#
else

all.role server

# For xrootd, load the proxy plugin and the disk caching plugin.
#
ofs.osslib  /usr/lib64/libXrdPss-4.so
pss.cachelib libFileCache.so

# Tell the proxy where the data is coming from (arbitrary).
#
pss.origin xrootd-cms.infn.it:1194

# Tell the PFC’s where the disk cache resides (arbitrary).
#
pfc.cachedir /data/xrootd-cache

fi