BTW, when creating new items use "3.5-SNAPSHOT" as the Affects Version.

When closing them as Fixed, assign to the "3.5" version.

-----Original Message-----
From: McCormick, Jeremy I.
Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2015 2:03 PM
To: hps-software
Subject: JIRA items

Hi,

I noticed while making the last release of hps-java that we have fallen off the wagon in making new JIRA items.  There are many changes being made to the code without new JIRA items being created and resolved.  Consequently, the release notes are not that useful, because they do not list important changes and updates that occurred for that ersion.

Any changes to our code beyond trivial ones should be documented with a JIRA item, especially alterations to the reconstruction code.  All bug fixes should be documented with JIRA items.  Any major project that is done on a branch of trunk should obviously have a new item.  etc.

I will be contacting individuals about this to make sure that we have the information in our bug tracker about recent changes that were made.

You do not need to create items for changes to user code, addition of analysis plots, etc.

Thanks.

--Jeremy