Andy, John, Fritz

How about we meet on Tuesday afternoon, say at 2pm for a couple of hours
to brainstorm about shared scans? I would like to put aside
for some time "what we already have" sentiments, go over all our
requirements/needs and try to come up with a solid design that
addresses all our needs. We can then see how the existing code
and APIs and thinking fit into that design
(ScanScheduler / BlendScheduler / shrscan/Director etc)

Something to think about ... maybe it'd make sense to look at
shared scans from the perspective of worker scheduler (which tasks
gets run when) and czar scheduler (orchestrating multiple concurrent
shared scans etc). Perhaps one of you can work on worker side and
the other or czar side? Further, perhaps we could draw a line between
worker scheduler and resource manager on a worker (locking files
in memory etc).

Anyway, let's talk next week!

Jacek