FYI

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Latest news about the cluster use
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 22:17:29 +0100
From: Fabrice Jammes <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

Hi Yvan,

Qserv team is very happy with IN2P3 cluster and everybody agree that it
is a very important tool in the development process.
We plan to use it until May June 2016, where Large(r) Scale Tests will
be runned, and then we would also use NCSA cluster, but it would be good
to be able to continue using IN2P3 cluster for continuous integration.
Using Docker for Qserv deployment is also very powerful and team push to
continue using it.

We're now blocked by the "Kernel Panic" problem and we would like to fix
it soon.

So here's the plan our team propose:

- Switch to CentOS7, so that we can upgrade to latest Docker 1.9 and
future versions (indeed Docker install script doesn't support SL7). Here
we have to keep data (in /qserv) on all nodes.
- Upgrade to kernel-ml: most of the engineers which looked at it (Fritz,
Andy H., myself), and some Docker expert (Nicolas Muller, seen at
JRES2015), push for a kernel update, all of us think this should solve
the kernel panic issue.

Please note that this can be done on ccqserv100->ccqserv124 in a first
step, and then on ccqserv125->ccqserv149, if you prefer.

FYI, SLAC people are on holidays for two weeks, starting next week.

Thanks again for all the work done.