I will change the underlying code to make he decision on configured interfaces with a DNS fallback. I want to point out that this is not a slam-dunk solution. We differentiated how a server and a client determines IP availability because for servers you can specify which interfaces are relevant while you cannot do so for a client. Why is that important? Because some sites, for one reason or another, define non-routable interfaces that, for all intense and purposes, look like they should work. Generally, admins automatically register working interfaces in DNS for client type machines so basing it on DNS was a safer choice. Clearly, that was not done in this case. So, if the client machine has weird interfaces we may be fooled as well. Though, I suppose it's unlikely that client-type machines will have weird interfaces. We shall see.