Andy, I think that part of why we worked together so well is that we have never really had a non-heated discussion ;) Anyways, I was trying to make a conscious effort not to comment on these - this is none of my business anymore after all, but since it concerns XrdCl and I was called by name, I will add my two cents.

I am and have always been of the opinion that trying too hard to work around sysadmin's mistakes is a strategy that definitely makes many users happy, but it will quite often back-fire. If a host has mis-configured network interfaces it really is not XRootD's problem. This statement is meant to support both sides of the discussion in certain aspects. :)

---
https://github.com/xrootd/xrootd/issues/326#issuecomment-172857483