Hello Brad,

So, I tried some more things and it finally worked. It seems that there
were two, separate, issues that occurred. The first was that the batch
system likely failed because it accessed a local version of the conditions
database that is out-of-date with the newest version, and doesn't have the
newer detectors yet. I need to test to verify this, but can't yet as I
don't have the administrative privileges to update the local database.

The second issue did, oddly, appear to be the fieldmap. Running just the
command, independent of the batch system, allows HPS-Java to access the
SLAC database (the batch system has no internet connectivity). Doing this,
with the fieldmap present, actually works. I didn't really think that
spacing used the fieldmap, but I guess the LCIOReader tries to initialize
it by default.

Thanks,

Kyle