Hello,

Thought everyone might like to know, I have been putting in a lot of work into improving the software pages on Confluence lately.

https://confluence.slac.stanford.edu/display/hpsg/Computing+and+Software

The following pages were recently improved or added ...

(You will need to login to see the protected content.)

Running HPS Java
https://confluence.slac.stanford.edu/display/hpsg/Running+HPS+Java
I overhauled this page today about running HPS Java and added a lot of new content so it is complete source of information now.  (Some sub-pages of this cover similar information but this page is the primary one now.)

Physics Reconstruction Documentation
https://confluence.slac.stanford.edu/display/hpsg/Physics+Reconstruction+Documentation
Using some of Maurik's pages/content as a starting point, I completely rewrote the overview documentation for the reconstruction, including a lot of Javadoc links.  One or more physicists should look this over to see if any content should be added or corrected, but I believe we have a good starting point now for documenting this information.

Subversion Basics
https://confluence.slac.stanford.edu/display/hpsg/Subversion+Basics
Added thorough documentation of SVN basics; this should be useful for new users who have not used SVN before.

HPS Subversion Repository
https://confluence.slac.stanford.edu/display/hpsg/HPS+Subversion+Repository
Added page with information about our SVN including some administrative details like backups.

Data Catalog Python Client
https://confluence.slac.stanford.edu/display/hpsg/Data+Catalog+Python+Client
Added documentation for Python datacat interface.

hpsweb (protected)
https://confluence.slac.stanford.edu/display/hpsg/hpsweb
Added documentation of web server configuration and administration.

hpsdb (protected)
https://confluence.slac.stanford.edu/display/hpsg/hpsdb
Added documentation of database server configuration and administration.

I also did a general reorganization of the folder structure; not sure I'm happy with it even after this reorg but it seems better now.

Some ideas of what I might write up next:

-Monitoring app manual (probably long overdue)

-Overview of the conditions system including explanation of different types of detector conditions used by HPS Java

-Instructions for using the conditions command line tool

-Overview of detector geometry/description framework; explanations of different subdetector types used in HPS Java

-Documentation of the run database fields and interface (v2)

Are there any other areas of our Confluence software documentation that you have found to be lacking?

If so I would like to know about it.

Thanks!

--Jeremy