Thanks so much Serge for for accurate remarks, I sure this will help Fabio getting some nice hardware :-)

On 02/18/2016 01:39 PM, Serge Monkewitz wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">

I said:
That link says that the page merge threshold used to be hardcoded at 50% free, hence my worst case estimate. It’s plausible that this is way too pessimistic in practice, and that sorting before loading results in relatively full pages. I just don’t know for certain.

I looked around some more, and based on https://www.percona.com/files/presentations/percona-live/london-2011/PLUK2011-b-tree-indexes-and-innodb.pd (the in-order INSERTs slides), it seems that loading data that is pre-sorted by PK results in very good page fill percentage. So 2TB should be more than enough.