Let's think about qserv and tapes and discuss tomorrow
during our hangout

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: Querying databases on tape
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2016 09:29:08 -0800
From: Jacek Becla <[log in to unmask]>
To: Mario Juric <[log in to unmask]>

That is why I think we can do it for interactive queries,
we would fetch just the chunk / few chunks needed. I'll brainstorm
with my folks tomorrow about how difficult it might be to implement
fetching from tape. But I suspect by the time we need it, there
will be some sort of disk-like low-power technology better than
tapes for keeping everything online

Jacek