Hi Fabrice,

I presented our ideas to the Dell representative and he seemed quite open to go in the direction we proposed. My understanding is that they are discussing internally and will come back to me.

At CC-IN2P3 we are also very interested in testing the possibilities that this kind of hardware would open. However, given the circumstances of this project I’m not currently in a position to give further details on the acceptance of our proposal by Dell nor on the potential schedule of availability of the hardware. I will keep you informed as soon as I have concrete information.

Cheers,
Fabio Hernandez
CNRS – IN2P3 computing centre <http://cc.in2p3.fr/> · Lyon (France)     ·     e-mail: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>     ·     tel: +33 4 78 93 08 80