Hello Bradley,

I am a little confused as well why this additional cut should make so much difference. If you already have E_1 + E_2 ≈ E_beam, wouldn’t that imply that if E_1 > E_beam/2 you must have E_2 < E_beam/2 to satisfy the sum?  If that is not the case, then the events you are cutting with your new condition must all be of a very particular type, where both are close to E_beam/2?

As you can tell, whenever you make progress, you generate new questions.

Best,
	Maurik