De: "Fabrice Jammes" <[log in to unmask]>
À: "Dominique Boutigny" <[log in to unmask]>, "marcus ebert" <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: "fabrice.jammes" <[log in to unmask]>
Envoyé: Jeudi 23 Juin 2016 09:58:38
Objet: Re: ingesting data into qserv

De: "Fabrice Jammes" <[log in to unmask]>
À: "fabrice.jammes" <[log in to unmask]>
Envoyé: Jeudi 23 Juin 2016 09:57:16
Objet: Fwd: ingesting data into qserv

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bob Mann <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 22 June 2016 at 17:53
Subject: ingesting data into qserv
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Dominique Boutigny <[log in to unmask]>, "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>, Eckhard Sutorius <[log in to unmask]>, George Beckett <[log in to unmask]>

Fabrice,

Apologies for emailing you out of the blue, but Dominique suggested your name as a contact from whom to seek advice about ingesting data into qserv.

As you may know, there is now a team in Edinburgh funded to make preparations for a UK DAC. and one of the things we are wanting to do is to load into qserv one of our own sky survey archives - probably one of the recent releases from UKIDSS - for which we have a log of user-executed queries, so that we can see how qserv performs on a realistic query workload.

We had heard from the LSST DM team that bulk ingest into qserv was still not easy, but that it had improved significantly recently, and Dominique suggested that you would be a good contact to find out more about that. Would you be able to offer us some advice on that? At our end, Marcus Ebert and Eckhard Sutorius (both Cc’d above) are the people doing the work, George Beckett is the LSST:Uk Project Manager and I am the LSST:UK Project Leader.

Many thanks

Bob Mann