Hello Sebouh,

There was a bug in the DST maker where it would only write ECAL hits that were part of a cluster, and if a hit appeared in two clusters, it would write that hit twice. This is not the correct behavior. I fixed this in Issue44 (https://github.com/JeffersonLab/hps-dst/issues/44) and then merged to master.

So, #1, is because now the unrelated and out of time hits are also in the DST.
I don’t think this explains #2.
#3 Since the FADC samples at 250Mhz, I would expect all ECAL hit times to be at multiples of 4ns, but perhaps I am missing something?

Best,
Maurik

On Sep 20, 2016, at 9:37 AM, Sebouh Paul <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Has anyone made modifications to the DST maker since pass0 began in June 6?  Nathan ran recon and DST maker on some files at the beginning of August, and there are some problems with the DST files produced:

1)  1.5x more ecal hits per event than in DST files generated in pass0.
2)  two cluster time difference has a much larger sigma than usual.
3)  many ecal hits have hit times that are exact multiples of 4 ns.

I ran DQM on the corresponding LCIO files, and saw none of these effects, so the problem must be in the DST maker.

thanks.