On 12/20/2016 01:43 AM, Andrew Hanushevsky wrote:
> Hi Adrian,
Hi!

> On Mon, 19 Dec 2016, Adrian Sevcenco wrote:
>
>> this is very strange .. what mean incomplete?
>> could you check rd.spacescience.ro?
> I did and it looks OK.
>
>> and how do you check if it is an alias or nor?
> We don't. We simply make sure it's resolvable. However, we do try to
> validate the the registration makes sense. If you specified the aboce
> name it should work. I can't gaurantee what happens when going through a
> cname record as no one has tried that to my knowlege and we generally
> discourage it.
>
>> i would like to have the template configuration check if the
>> redirector is an alias to automatically add "+" after the host name ...
> That kind of capability does not exist. If you add a plus and there is
> only one entry, we use that entry. If there is more than one then we use
> all the ones that are there. I guess I don't understand what you really
> want to accomplish here that couldn't be done using a straightforward
> DNS record.
Just wanted to use "all host+" even for normal fqdns (not multiple ips
fqdns)
We (ALICE) have a configuration template that is customized by the
script for starting/management of service. Given that there are sites
that use multiple redirectors (with aliases) i thought that the template
could have "all host+" for everyone, and for those that have 1 single
redirector, just the single ip would be taken ... while this seems to
work, there are those unsettling messages mentioned in the first mail,
so i will take another route and detect in the starting script if the
redirector have multiple ips and then use "all host+"

Thank you!
Adrian