Great! Thanks for doing this so quickly.

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 11:31 AM, McCormick, Jeremy I. <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi,

I have transferred the hps-java git repo from my personal account to its permanent home under the JeffersonLab organization on github.

https://github.com/JeffersonLab/hps-java

Anyone in JeffersonLab within the HPS team should have access.

Development using the SVN copy of hps-java should probably cease, and we should move to using this (though there are some commands we can use to pull updates from the SVN if needed).

You can clone the repository using:

$ git clone https://github.com/JeffersonLab/hps-java.git

Add new or modified files to a checkin:

$ git add someNewFile someOldFile

Checkin your work to the local staging area:

$ git commit -m "adding some new file" someNewFile

Finally, you can push to the master:

$ git push

In general, within git it is best to do your work on a branch, not directly on the master.

To create a branch:

git checkout -b jeremym-dev

After add and checkin of files to your branch, you can merge locally from your branch into master:

git checkout master; git merge jeremym-dev

Eventually, all non-trivial work on this repo should be tracked in the github issue tracker and be assigned a proper branch.  Merging should occur with pull requests (more on this later).

Let me know if you have any questions.

--Jeremy