The decision was made in the software meeting today (by a nearly unanimous vote) to move hps-java from its SLAC-hosted SVN repository to github under the JLAB organization.

I am planning to start this migration early next week.

Once we have imported hps-java into git, probably we should freeze updates to the SVN repository entirely (though there are ways to keep them in sync during the transition period).

Most people developing in hps-java probably already have a github account, but if you do not, then you should sign up for one at http://github.com (it is free).

Then you will want to request to be added to this github organization for write access to the repository, if you do not belong already:

https://github.com/JeffersonLab

If you have pending local updates to hps-java that are reasonable to commit to the SVN trunk, then I'd encourage you to do that today or tomorrow as probably Monday I am going to push my local git import of hps-java to the JeffersonLab/hps-java git repo.

Please feel free to send any questions/comments you have to the hps-software mailing list.

--Jeremy