Just looking at it, I don’t see any reason it needs to cast the hit as a HelicalTrackHit and I imaging that this probably doesn’t work when running on reconstructed files (where a lot of the HelicialTrackHit information is not persisted IIRC)… I think it’s fine to change it.

Note that this just checks that the 3d hit is already on a track…it doesn’t check whether one of the 2d hits is the same as one on the track but paired with a different stereo hit.