Dear Colleagues,

In the quest for physics beyond the Standard Model, the precision study of the Higgs boson and the top quark and the search for elusive, weakly-coupled particles are playing an increasingly central role. Linear e+e- colliders offer special advantages in all of these areas.

SLAC and UC Santa Cruz will host a meeting on the physics and technology for future linear e+e- colliders to be held at SLAC, June 26-30, 2017.  AWLC17 is a meeting of the global linear collider community, including efforts toward ILC, CLIC, and future e+e- colliders in general.  The meeting will include plenary sessions giving updates on these projects and parallel sessions on physics, detector technology, accelerator technology, and accelerator design.

Thursday, June 29, we will have special sessions that will be of very broad interest.   On Thursday afternoon, we will have talks on the technical and political aspects of the linear collider projects from Lyn Evans, Tatsuya Nakada, and the Japanese Diet representative Shintaro Ito, and general talks on the most prominent physics issues for linear colliders.  Thursday morning, we will hold a special session on detector technology that will show off the most advanced R&D projects for the ATLAS and CMS detector upgrades for high luminosity.   There will be no registration fee for Thursday-only attendance.

The meeting's web page, with the draft agenda and other practical information, is at

https://portal.slac.stanford.edu/sites/conf_public/AWLC17

We welcome parallel contributions on any aspect of e+e- physics, experimentation, and technology.  Please send your abstracts to the conveners of your working groups which are listed at:

https://portal.slac.stanford.edu/sites/conf_public/AWLC17/Pages/Contacts.aspx

We strongly encourage you to register early and reserve accommodations promptly and we look forward to welcoming you at SLAC for a productive and enlightening workshop.

Sincerely,
Norman Graf
Michael Peskin
Bruce Schumm