Hello hps-software,

In reviewing some of the readout code, I have been looking at the drivers
SimpleEcalReadoutDriver and TimeEvolutionEcalReadoutDriver. I can not find
any steering files that employ either of these, and they use an option in
the code (the "readoutCycle" variable) that is explicitly disabled in the
FADCEcalReadoutDriver (which is actually used in all of our readout
simulation).

Does anyone know if these drivers are used and/or useful? Or if the
readoutCycle option is still valuable? If not, I would propose these be
marked as no longer supported and removed, as they are adding code
complexity without any value.

Likewise, there an option "readoutOffset" that defaults to zero (causing no
effect in its ~4 appearances in the code) which is also never used in any
steering file. (Note that this is distinct from the SVT hit driver's offset
variable). Is there any reason to retain this?

Thanks,

Kyle