I didn't receive any replies to this...

Does this mean that the list of directories/files to delete is acceptable?

--Jeremy

-----Original Message-----
From: McCormick, Jeremy I.
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2017 1:23 PM
To: hps-software
Cc: Stepan Stepanyan; Bradley T Yale
Subject: deleting old MC data from MSS

Hi,

I asked Brad to come up with a list of directories and their files that could be deleted from our stored MC data on MSS at JLAB which is based here.

/mss/hallb/hps/production/

The preliminary list of directories to be removed along with all of their data files is the following:

test
pass2
pass3
pass4
pass5
Luca
Rafo
Sebouh
Rouven
slic
readout
recon
dst
DBGainsPass
logDump

It seems that this would need to be done in bulk via a CCPR, and it should free up some tape space for us (which I understand we pay for).

Of course, we would like to know if any of the files in these directories are currently being used or need to be kept for any reason.  Please speak up if you see something in this list that should not be deleted, and indicate the directory in a reply to this mailing list so that it is kept.

I will not put in a CCPR until there is consensus on the list of directories that should be submitted for deletion.

Thanks.

--Jeremy