Hi Oliver,

Some time back they had a plugin that used Linux system calls to allow a
process to test/set access/ownerwhip without becomming the actual user. It
controlled by a specific privilege setting and doesn't require the process
to run as root. Though having this privilege comes pretty close to that.
That would be the direction we would take as we know it works within the
xroot ecosystem. As for EOS, they have designed a complete filesystem
prtty much from the ground up. So, they can do all these things because
their filesystem has those capabilities. That part does not affect xrootd
per se as it's all done at filesystem level.

Andy