So Patrick, the problem you reported is that in 4.6.1 xrdadler32 doesn’t trigger a server side checksum calculation when xrdadler32 reached to the redirector, and only trigger server side calculation when going directly to the data server?

I am running 4.4.0 for production and I don’t see this issue. I recently run into a similar issue on a test cluster with 4.6.1 and Andy told me that adding “xrootd.chksum xrdadler32” to the redirector should address this issue. That seems to work but I will try it again.

regards,
--
Wei Yang  |  [log in to unmask]  |  650-926-3338(O)