Unless of course these exceptions indicate that we are doing something something wrong and the fix changes the output in a real way.

Best,
Maurik

On Jan 19, 2018, at 9:12 PM, Graf, Norman A. <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hello Jeremy,

Your proposal sounds fine to me. We should merge the detector into the 4.0.1 release without any other code changes.

There are two outstanding issues (dphi and bordered band matrix) which throw uncaught Exceptions. But these are rare and have not yet been resolved (Matt, do you have any updates?). As inelegant as it may sound, I am proposing that we make another pass once we have patches for those two issues. I do not want to hold up production reconstruction of the 1.5mm data any longer.

Norman

From: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of McCormick, Jeremy I. <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2018 3:37 PM
To: Rafayel Paremuzyan
Cc: hps-software
Subject: Re: Pull request #285

Hi,

I moved this conversation to the software list…

If we really need to use the exact same version of recon from 4.0.1 with these updates, I propose the following:

- create a branch 4.0.2-pre from the 4.0.1 tag

- merge in the new detector update to this branch (can use the commit hash from the PR if the branch was deleted)

- merge in any other fixes/updates for 4.0.2 (are there any?)

- change hps-java version to 4.0.2

- make a 4.0.2 git tag from the branch

- build the java jars from the tag

Then we can run the 2015 pass from this jar which will contain the 4.0.1 recon with the new detector data.

I don’t think we really need a proper release for 4.0.2, though if needed it could be done from the command line if required (the default Jenkins build uses master for releases).

—Jeremy