One advantage of the ntuples is that it is easier to write code to make plots, since the names of variables tend to be shorter.  Secondly, there's the issue with TRefArray in the DSTs.

For instance, plotting the mass spectrum of mollers would be in ntuples:

ntuple->Draw("tarM>>h(300, 0.03, 0.07)", "abs(topTrkT-botTrkT)<3  && topTrkChisq < 30 && botTrkChisq < 30 && botP < 1.75 && topP < 1.75")

(these correspond to track time difference of 3 ns, both tracks have chi^2 < 30, and an FEE cut on both tracks at 1.75 GeV)

Whereas in the DSTs, you could try the equivalent, which would be like

HPS_Event->Draw("tc_moller_candidates.mass>>h(300, 0.03, 0.07)", "abs(tc_moller_candidates.svt_tracks[0].track_time[0]-tc_moller_candidates.svt_tracks[1].track_time)<3 && tc_moller_candidates.svt_tracks[0].chi_squared < 30 && tc_moller_candidates.svt_tracks[1].chi_squared < 30 && tc_moller_candidates.particles[0].pz < 1.75 && tc_moller_candidates.particles[1].pz< 1.75")

However, not only is this cumbersome code, it also fails to run, since it complains about not being able to find the classes for things:

  Is there some library that I am supposed to load before running this?  Or is this bad syntax?  If there is a way to do what I am trying to do, I stand corrected, and please let me know how to do it.