Hi Kyle,

Looks like your error is really in lcsim, not hps-java, and I don’t think lcsim cares about hps’s database?

It might be you just need a X.properties file in the SamplingFraction subdirectory for your detector (where X is the name of your hodoscope detector in the compact.xml), just a guess ...

-Nathan