Andy,

On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 10:16 PM, Andrew Hanushevsky <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi Sebastien,

The easiest thing is to grab the server we support. It's light enough to run on a laptop and is trivial to start up:

xrootd

yep, that was easy:

$> yaourt -S xrootd
$> xrootd -d -p 9002

That way I managed to create a little Go-based test server that sends the same kind of binary responses to my test client.

yep, that it's. It start up and exports /tmp. You can add some command line options for log file handling and tracing if you like. In fact it would be nice if you do that and feedback bugs you find in the server when giving it bad data :-)
so far, so good.
there was one surprising thing: sending an invalid request (request-id==0) and a status value != 0 (0xfa3).
presumably, that's the value for kXR_error (I hope) but then I expected to get kXR_InvalidRequest as an error number (in the payload) but I got:
errno=3001 (0x0bb9)
and msg="Required argument not present"
(I suspect errno=3001 corresponds to kXR_ArgMissing)

anyways. I can setup a bootstrap environment to (have my students) write+test a pure-Go client :)

-s

Use REPLY-ALL to reply to list

To unsubscribe from the XROOTD-L list, click the following link:
https://listserv.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=XROOTD-L&A=1