I'm testing an automatic deployment of a cluster of xrootd proxies working on file cache mode.
I noticed that a proxy server needs its own certificates to authenticate with the storage backend regardless the user proxy used by the client that made the request.
On the other hand, a forwarding of the user credentials through the proxy would make life easier for our deployment and, I think, more in general for an "opportunistic" use of such a cluster.

Said that, I'm wondering what are the reasons that led to the exclusion of such a mechanism and if it would be possible to include that in the future.

Cheers,
Diego

Use REPLY-ALL to reply to list

To unsubscribe from the XROOTD-L list, click the following link:
https://listserv.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=XROOTD-L&A=1