From: Joel
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2018 7:20 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Cc: Sebastien Binet ; Sébastien Gadrat
Subject: Version protocol numbering, pval and capver

Hello everyone,

I do have a question on the XrootD Protocol Reference and I would like
to avoid looking at the reference implementation.
Since it only has 6 bits, how is the protocol version in `capver`[0]
supposed to be formed in comparison to the general `kXR_PROTOCOLVERSION`
(e.g. `pval` in kXR_protocol Request) value, which is represented by a
32bit number.

For `kXR_PROTOCOLVERSION` I so far assumed a full number, containing
major, minor and patch version, so for example Version 3.1.0 gets
represented as "310", since this won't work with `capver`, should one
only use the major version (e.g. "3"), or even major/minor version (e.g.
"31") for that case?

Thanks and Best regards,
Joel

[0]: http://www.xrootd.org/doc/dev45/XRdv310.htm#_Toc464248819