Chris and all – We have the green light for the game on April 20th, let’s make sure that all invitees to SLAC sign the liability waiver from the gym the day of the event, and let’s use Roberto’s google doc to keep track of what people will contribute to the BBQ (still working on the alcohol permit), so GAME ON!:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18OgjHDY8my_qFXUPBYHTGBiND2JPwmwd3263iTbuVsE/edit?usp=sharing

The first  SLAC Vs. NASA AMES Collaborative Soccer Match is scheduled.

Date: 20 April (Friday) at 3:00pm.

Location: SLAC Soccer Field Arrillaga Sports Complex

A Potluck BBQ will follow.

This is being organized as a collaborative event to foster professional contacts in the Scientific Community

and to have some great competitive and fun soccer.

I can bring plates, cups, plastic utensils, napkins.  I will also bring some BBQ meats to cook.  If you choose not to bring food or drink a $ donation of $10.00 will be collected to cover cost.

We will need the pennies to wear for team identification.  Someone needs to make sure these are available.

Can someone also check to see if beer will be allowed.

The NASA Players also play with the same size nets we use.  SLAC game rules will apply.

   - No slide tackles

   - Call your own fouls

   - Goalies call end line out of bounds

   - Goalies use hands

   - Goalie is the last defensive player so off side calls can be reduced to a minimum

This will be a very fun event so be sure to mark the date and time on your calendars.