Hi all,
I can provide a new detector which is position-compliant (all offsets are
within physical limits, and only u translations and w rotations -of
central sensors- have been performed). It can be found at slac in
/nfs/slac/g/hps3/users/afilippi/hps/hps-java/detector-data/detectors
and it is called HPS-PhysicsRun2016-Nominal-v2-31-NG_newField,
compact.xml attached to this e-mail (take care of correctly addressing the
fieldmap). It still needs to be tested (a couple of days more would be
required).

Some words of caution:
- as said, it wasn't tested extensively, neither on curved tracks nor or
straight tracks nor on Mollers nor fee's etc (no time to do it yet)
==> this means that final resolutions weren't checked (but I don't expect
them to be different from what shown with other versions as they never
change), nor vertex positions (for which at least I need Moller
selected events)

- residuals are ok but those of version #20 are better. Layer 4 is, as
usual, the worst.

- elastic peaks t/b calibrate nicely between themselves (3 MeV/c
difference) but are both lower than the expected momentum, as it happens
when the detector is not stretched in z (but we didn't want to do this).
Lower means around 2.255 MeV/c (with a small statistics, though).

- global alignment to bring beamspot (x,y) to (0,0) is absent (no time to
do it yet), but this is also true for detector #20.

If you want to start immediately with pass 2 and you are worried about
being trapped in a relative millepede minimum using detector #20, you can
use this version, and we'll all see what comes out after some runs have
been processed.
cheers
     Alessandra