From: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of maurik
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2018 10:50 AM
To: hps-software <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Software Meeting, Tuesday 9:00am/noon/6:00pm.

Dear HPS Software Group,

We will have our regular HPS Software meeting this Tuesday, 9 am Pacific, noon East Coast, 6 pm Europe.

Sorry, I did not have time to ping people for agenda items. If you have something to add, please reply and I will add you to the agenda.

Agenda:
1.     Test Pass2 -  Output, issues, first looks                                              – Rafo + All analyzers.
2.     Pushing towards a full MC for 2019 and getting reach estimates.      – Matt Solt
3.     Towards merging the new readout.                                                     – Kyle
4.     Other Business?

Please let me know if you would like to add anything to the agenda.

Best,
            Maurik

BlueJeans Info:

The connection will be with BlueJeans. Connection details at:
https://confluence.slac.stanford.edu/display/hpsg/Software+Meetings

Meeting ID: 888128717
Connection URL:https://bluejeans.com/888128717

Email from Matt Solt:

Hi all,

I think it is of general interest to the collaboration to get a vertexing reach estimate for 2019 running (and some are pushing to compare 15 mrad and 17.5 mrad) as quickly as we can. Some want it before the end of the year, but we should for sure have it before the DOE review. In order to this, we should make sure we are on the same page, mainly because this process depends on a good detector model and the detector model depends on many people who are busy working on other things (myself included).

We need to get a satisfactory detector model for 2019 running. Here's what we need:

  1.  Maurik and others to confirm the hodoscope and positron trigger.
  2.  Omar and Jeremy to update the conditions database for the L1 svt module.
  3.  Myself to make sure the SVT layers are in the correct place (just L1 since there is now the L0 module there).

Once we get the detector model complete and validated, Takashi needs to produce the appropriate MC (you can probably just start generating while we're getting the detector sorted out).

  1.  10% of expected luminosity of 2019 data for pure tridents (~3 days of tritrig).
  2.  Displaced A' MC (I can send a list of appropriate masses).
  3.  Pure radiatives and wabs for a radiative fraction estimate.

Once the MC is generated, I can pretty easily come up with a reach estimate. In order to compare the SVT at 15 mrad and 17.5 mrad, all I need to do is mask out some of the L0 silicon strips before the recon, so that we only have to do the MC once with the exception of the recon.

Please let me know in general where people are at in these tasks. We can also discuss this in one of this week's meetings. Let me know if you have questions. Thanks.

Matt Solt