On giovedì 7 febbraio 2019 13:54:05 PST Kamath, Umanath Ramachandra wrote:

> I am new to SLAC and would request to join the badminton group.

Hello Umanath!
My personal welcome to SLAC and to this mailing list!

The "badminton group", as far as I am aware, is not a formal group: people use
this mailing list mostly to check day by day if anybody is going to play, and
when.
In general, usually somebody is playing around 5:30 pm, or a bit earlier, on
Monday to Thursday, and one court is already set up by that time -- if not, we
set it up ourselves or ask the gymnasium attendant. Players usually fade out
by 7:30 pm or earlier.
There are sometimes many basketball playing people, in which case we have to
share the court with them.

I think that in principle there are no fixed times for badminton playing in
the gymnasium and you probably can go any time, but I would check that with
the attendant.

--
Gianluca Petrillo

SLAC building 084/B117, mail stop 78
Phone: +1 (650) 926-3088
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Instant message: [log in to unmask] (jabber)