Hello All,

Especially in preparation for the upcoming run, but also just some overdue yearly cleanup, can everyone assess what they have at /work/hallb/hps?

Is there anything that is no longer needed and can be deleted?

Are there things that should be preserved “forever” and so should really be on tape (and thus accessible from /cache disk)?  If so, let’s hear what they are to see where they should go on tape.  Some things have been there for quite a while, years, and if no longer actively in use but still useful, they might be candidates for writing to tape.

Of course, if it’s just a few or tens of GB, that sounds like a drop in the bucket, but it adds up if no one ever cleans up:)

Here’s the list of everything over a few-GB (excluding the chef's data directory which Rafo is going to cleanup):

/work/hallb/hps

5.7T	mc_production/
1.3T	tkp6_refit/
564G	lgmc_tuples/
310G	verylg_tritrig/
213G	holly/
199G	sebouh/
175G	rafopar/
84G	byale/
83G	omoreno/
79G	mrsolt/
13G	jeremym/
9.2G	mccaky/
9.0G	ngraf/

And a breakdown of mc_production, some of which sounds pretty old (e.g. “alphaFix”, didn’t we fix that a couple years ago?):

3.5T	tritrig-wab-beam
1.5T	HpsSim_test
364G	MG_alphaFix
134G	zeroBeamWidth
62G	PhysicsRun2016
56G	SLAC
56G	alphaFix
36G	BeamTilt
23G	tweakPass6_ApReconAtneg5mm

Thanks,
Nathan

P.S.

And then, while we’re here, a couple permissions issues that should be fixed by the owner:

du: cannot read directory ‘holly/clas12_soft/myClara’: Permission denied
du: cannot read directory ‘jeremym/hps-mc’: Permission denied