Hi Adrian,

On Fri, 14 Jun 2019, Adrian Sevcenco wrote:

> on the dfs topic with central lookup, how is the redirector aware about
> the location of the data? i can make sure that the mountpoint is identical
> over all servers (redirector and xrootd data servers alike)
> but should i also set up on the redirector things like oss.space
> and for ALICE case the specific authorization and file name translation
> (ofs.authorize ofs.authlib oss.namelib) ?
Presumably, the redirector has access to the DFS. Since in a DFS setup all
servers have the same file then if the redirector finds the file in the
DFS it knows that all the servers must have the same file. In this case,
the DFS paths must be exported the same way in the redirector as in the
servers and the same Name2Name must be used. I don't see why you need
oss.space (other than token assignment) if you are using a DFS. The
simplest solution is to use the same config file for everyone with minimal
exceptions for the redirector using if-else-fi. There is no need to do
authorization (and it would fail if you did) for the redirector.

> hmm, while i use cms.sched i did not use cms.perf
> and i see that cms.perf have no pgm default even if there is a provided
> script /usr/share/xrootd/utils/XrdOlbMonPerf
Correct. Thet's the default script we have. You may need to change it if
your system isn't like he one we envisaged when that was written.

> so, given that cms.perf was not set up should i understand that the
> specifications of cpu and io in cms.sched are just ignored as there is no
> facility for load reporting?
Yes, the values were always set to zero.

Andy