Hello everyone,

I just realized that our server has not been modified to support the new cgi element for checksum type in kXR_query, as announced in Protocol 4.0 (which I take is no longer tentative).

I have just implemented this and also deployed it to our testbed site.

However, I noticed something rather peculiar.  With the same dCache rpm deployed to both testbeds (fndcatemp1, stkendca06a = wlcg), and using the same 4.9.1 xrdcp client on my desktop machine, I am seeing different behavior in this regard.

When I do:

xrdcp491 -d 3 -C adler32 /etc/fstab root://fndcatemp1.fnal.gov:1094//pnfs/fs/usr/test/arossi/volatile/checksum-test

The server sees a request where the path is

/pnfs/fs/usr/test/arossi/volatile/checksum-test.

Doing

xrdcp491 -d 3 -C adler32 /etc/fstab root://stkendca06a.fnal.gov:1095//pnfs/fnal.gov/VOs/dteam/checksum-test

The server sees a request  where the path is

/pnfs/fnal.gov/VOs/dteam/checksum-test?cks.type=adler32.

In other words, it seems the client decides in one case to add the cgi type specification, but in the other it does not.

I am curious to know exactly what would trigger such a difference in the client behavior, given that the server implementations are identical.

Thanks again, Al

Albert L. Rossi
Application Developer & Systems Analyst III
Scientific Computing Division, Data Movement Development
FCC 229A
Mail Station 369 (FCC 2W)
Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
Batavia, IL 60510
(630) 840-3023

Use REPLY-ALL to reply to list

To unsubscribe from the XROOTD-L list, click the following link:
https://listserv.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=XROOTD-L&A=1