Hola fellow SLAC-ers,

As many of you know, I am relocating to La Serena, Chile for ~18 months starting in January to continue working on the LSST project. However, I'll also be traveling a ton this fall, mostly to Chile (turns out there's a lot of work to do) plus some family holiday stuff, so after October 1st I will not be at SLAC at all except for one week in November.

As a sort of going-away-but-not-actually-since-I'm-probably-coming-back-eventually-but-it-will-be-a-while celebration, I'd like to invite everyone to come hang out with me (and each other) at Amigo's Grill on Alpine Road on Thursday, September 26th for happy hour. I'll plan to arrive around 4pm and stay late-ish (8 or so) in case anyone wants to come later in the evening.

Thank you all for making my time at SLAC thus far so pleasurable, from various outreach events to silly sporting stumbles to building a ground-breaking (but ideally not literally) instrument.

Cheers,
Margaux

PS. At the risk of embarrassing myself, if you're interested in life in Chile, I have a blog that I update every month-ish, mostly to reassure my parents that I'm still alive after various climbing adventures. I also write about (and share pictures from) my travels, including my past Chile trips, and I'll keep doing that as I actually live there. I feel weird about sending out the URL on blast, so email me if you want the link and I'll send it to you directly.

Margaux Lopez
Mechanical Engineer, LSST Camera
SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory
Menlo Park, CA