Hi Brian,

We really can't do that. The reason is that the file attribute handling is
a plugin that other people replace to handle their specific file system.
We decided soe time ago to keep extended attributes seprate from the OSS
layer to not over-complicate the whole OFS/OSS API (which is prety
complicated already). Of course, the medium-term plan is to roll mult-user
filesystem handling into the baseline which would include adding the
fs_uid call to all he places that need it (include the fattr plugin). That
is currently blocked in R5 as there we allow the authentication to specify
the uid/gid to be used and we need to propogate that through.

So, as a short-term solution, add he call to the fattr code and make it a
separate plugin (icky but workable).

Andy