Hi Geonmo,

So, I was a bit mistaken. The particular plugin is the oss plugin that the
cmsd uses for file lookup. We did have plans to narrow that down but
eventually moved it as part of the oss plugin so that it's stat() function
could be replaced, see
https://xrootd.slac.stanford.edu/doc/dev49/ofs_config.htm#_Toc522916561

For your particular case, use the ofs.osslib directive to tell the cmsd to
use the proxy plugin. Here the origin for the proxy would be you dCache
head node. I believe you are familiar with this.
https://xrootd.slac.stanford.edu/doc/dev49/cms_config.htm#_Toc520504684

As for the dCache nsf mount; indeed, that's the first thing that people
complain about. It's not very robust and can't really handle a large
number of metadata lookups. I wouldn't be too fast blaming the dCache team
for this because very few NFS servers can handle that kind of load.

Andy