From: <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Sam Skipsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Friday, September 6, 2019 at 11:16 AM
To: "Yang, Wei" <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Sam Skipsey <[log in to unmask]>, xrootd-l <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Help debugging slow Xrootd Proxy Cache <-> xrootd server transfers

Hm. Adding that line to the config prevents the xrootd cache service from staying up (and removing it makes it work again).

190906 19:03:37 19779 XrdFileCache_a2x: get block size 64M may not be greater than 16777216
190906 19:03:37 19779 XrdFileCache_Manager: error Cache::Config() error in parsing

Setting it to the maximum,

pfc.blocksize 16M

does significantly improve the rate though (I get about 80 to 90% of the direct rate - around 300MB/s).

thanks.

Is it possible to have the arbitrary limit on pfc.blocksize removed in later releases?

Sam