Hi Chris,

I just checked this out and the rediect works in all the tools I tried. So, I will need to refer this to someone more familiar why Spack seems not to be able to re-root the URL’s – everyone else seems to be able to.

Andy

From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Christopher H Green
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2019 9:25 AM
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Cc: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">scisoft-team
Subject: xrootd.org tarball URLS not redirecting as expected.

Hi,

It appears that http://xrootd.org/download/v4.8.5/xrootd-4.8.5.tar.gz redirects to the https://xrootd.slac.stanford.edu homepage instead of the expected https://xrootd.slac.stanford.edu/download/v4.8.5/xrootd-4.8.5.tar.gz. This breaks Spack (https://spack.io) and other scripted auto-install mechanisms that use xrootd.org as a URL. Is it possible to rectify this, please?

Thanks,
Chris.

Use REPLY-ALL to reply to list

To unsubscribe from the XROOTD-L list, click the following link:
https://listserv.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=XROOTD-L&A=1