From: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Diego Ciangottini
Sent: 30 October 2019 10:09
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: XCache on ceph with plugin: Operation not supported

Hi everyone,

I started to take a look at xrootd ceph plugin with version 4.10.1, since I'd like to understand if we can use ceph rbd as backend for an xcache instance.
So, first of all, is it supported?

With a blind shot I tried using a basic local setup and the cache configuration here(*). With a xrdcp I do not get errore, but the cache is not creating the file in the pool, with this error (**). Shooting in the dark again, I would say that this is related to this (***).

This is everything I have so far, can you help me understanding if it is possible? And in case no, do you have any suggested solution here?

Thanks,
Diego

(*)
xrootd.trace all
ofs.trace dump
xrd.trace debug
cms.trace debug
sec.trace debug
pfc.trace dump
oss.trace dump

all.export /
all.role  server

xrd.port 32294

ofs.osslib   libXrdPss.so
pss.cachelib libXrdFileCache.so

pfc.osslib  /lib64/libXrdCeph.so diego@diegopool

pss.origin localhost:1094

pfc.diskusage 0.8 0.9
pfc.ram       1g

pfc.blocksize  512k
pfc.prefetch    0

(**)
191030 09:49:26 236384 root.236560:34@localhost XrootdProtocol: 0100 open rat /test.txt?
ceph_stat: /test.txt.cinfo
191030 09:49:26 236384 XrdFileCache_Manager: info Cache::Attach() root://u34@localhost:1094//test.txt?pss.tid=root.236560:34@localhost&oss.lcl=1
191030 09:49:26 236384 XrdFileCache_Manager: debug Cache::GetFile /test.txt, io 0x7f22b0003960
ceph_stat: /test.txt.cinfo
191030 09:49:26 236384 XrdFileCache_IO: debug IOEntireFile::initCachedStat get stat from client res = 0, size = 10 root://u34@localhost:1094//test.txt?p
ss.tid=root.236560:34@localhost&oss.lcl=1
191030 09:49:26 236384 XrdFileCache_File: dump File::Open() open file for disk cache /test.txt
ceph_stat: /test.txt
ceph_stat: /test.txt.cinfo
191030 09:49:26 236384 XrdFileCache_File: error File::Open() Create failed , err_code=95, err_str=Operation not supported /test.txt
191030 09:49:26 236384 XrdFileCache_File: debug File::~File() ended, prefetch score = 1 /test.txt
191030 09:49:26 236384 XrdFileCache_IO: debug IOEntireFile::~IOEntireFile() 0x7f22b0003960 root://u34@localhost:1094//test.txt?pss.tid=root.236560:34@lo
calhost&oss.lcl=1
191030 09:49:26 236384 XrdFileCache_Manager: error Cache::Attach() Failed opening local file, falling back to remote access root://u34@localhost:1094//t
est.txt?pss.tid=root.236560:34@localhost&oss.lcl=1

(***)
https://github.com/xrootd/xrootd-ceph/blob/master/src/XrdCeph/XrdCephOss.cc#L166

Use REPLY-ALL to reply to list

To unsubscribe from the XROOTD-L list, click the following link:
https://listserv.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=XROOTD-L&A=1