On 2/4/20 4:23 PM, Michal Kamil Simon wrote:
> Hi Adiran,
Hi!

> I case of multi-source transfers the fallback is not implemented, please create a github issue for that.
done! https://github.com/xrootd/xrootd/issues/1128
thanks a lot!!
actually it was a little bit of surprise as it would seem that all
metalink clients use by default the multi source declaration for
fallback and secondary for parallel multi-source download
Personally (and i think also this apply to our experiment usage) the
multi-source parallel download is not important at all but the fallback
is paramount. I would say that the default behavior to be to parse all
sources until successful download and maybe a knob like --retries that
would specify how many times to parse the list of sources for a
successful download.

Moreover it seems that the hash is not verified otherwise there is no
explanation why it would have been accepted a file that have mangle
content and have a hash different from the metalink specified one ...
Is there a knob that i missed that should be enabled (in python
bindings) for the hash to be verified upon download?
If no, should i create another issue or add a comment to the above? (1128)

> Regarding the copying data out of ZIP archive, are using multi-source transfer to do that? If yes there
yeah .. i thought that it is required for fallback and while for normal
files everything went smooth i observer that those from zip files are
mangled .. initially i blamed a bad connection but then i received
reports from other users, so i managed to confirm that if i enable
multi-source then the output file is mangled (but have the correct size)

> is most likely a bug multi-source transfer logic that does not account for ZIP archives. Could you give
> me your xrdcp command you are executing and the source ZIP archive?
in the shared directory below
https://cernbox.cern.ch/index.php/s/JNaLKsaC5pyrhMP

there is an meta4.tar.xz that contains the metalink used for downloading
(with/by python bindings)
as it has the full url with the token it should work directly

Thanks a lot again! :)
Adrian

--
Adrian Sevcenco, Ph.D.                       |
Institute of Space Science - ISS, Romania    |