Hi,

I need to make a new SLIC installation at JLAB under the hps_soft area which will take up probably 4+ gigabytes due to Geant4 data files. I noticed that there is only 6 gig of space there total right now. So I wonder if we can cleanup some space before I do this so that space is not so tight.

I made a disk usage report here:

/group/hps/hps_soft/du_Apr_4_2020

I noticed the following:

  *   There are many copies of the full hps-java repo under hps-java-master and (particularly) the git directory. It is not necessary to have this many copies of that project as you can checkout any version of it from github by date, tag, etc. as needed. Which ones are not being used in production and can be deleted? They are taking up almost 9 gig of disk space, so we should consolidate them.
  *   There are a ton of hps-java runnable jar files under the hps-java directory. Which of these can be safely removed? I assume all of them are not needed.
  *   There is an lcio_obsolete directory which I assume can be removed.
  *   We have our own sizable installations of Python, Anaconda, and ROOT. Can any of this be removed in favor of using these packages from the modules that are available instead? Do we have some customization that requires us to build these ourselves rather than use ones provided by JLAB IT?

If you "own" any of this stuff which was installed under the 'hps' account, then please let's discuss what can be safely deleted, either via email or in the #software channel of the Slack.

Thanks!

--Jeremy