Dear colleagues,

We would like to invite you to participate in the activities of the topical group EF04 “EW Precision Physics and constraining new physics” <https://snowmass21.org/energy/ewk> of the Energy Frontier group of the next HEP Community Planning Exercise (a.k.a. Snowmass 2021 <https://snowmass21.org/start>).

The dominant theme of topics covered in this topical group is constraining new physics by performing precision fits of standard model (SM) observables. The ingredients of the fit are electroweak observables, which are a direct component of the mandate of this group, and Higgs and top observables, which establish a tight link between this group and other EF topical groups (in particular, EF01, EF03, and EF05). The mandate of this group includes the study of multi-boson signatures, and vector-boson fusion and scattering processes. Constraints to the SM are obtained within the EFT framework, and specific SM-extension models that are of particular relevance to electroweak precision physics. This group also investigates the impact of correlations among experimental and theoretical uncertainties, and discusses state-of-the-art theoretical modeling of EW and QCD uncertainties, and their combination.

We invite your participation in a number of ways:
Join the topical group Slack channel: ef04_ewk_constraints <https://app.slack.com/client/TNNU4A570/C011XPUS479/details/top?cdn_fallback=2>
Slack channels for topics common to the entire Energy Frontier: energy_frontier_topics <https://app.slack.com/client/TNNU4A570/CPT6YDYMU/details/top?cdn_fallback=2>, and energy_frontier_meetings <https://app.slack.com/client/TNNU4A570/C011XRYB4B1/details/top?cdn_fallback=2>
Submit a letter of interest (LOI) to propose a topic that should be studied as part of the Snowmass exercise. LOIs should be up to 2 pages in length. Submission instructions can be found HERE <https://snowmass21.org/loi>.
Participate in bi-weekly on-line meetings. These will be held alternatingly Thursdays 8-9am Eastern Time and Mondays, 9-10am Eastern Time. The initial group meetings are scheduled for:
1. Thu, April 30, 8am EDT
2. Mon, May 11, 9am EDT
3. Thu, May 28, 8am EDT
Connection information will be sent out through the topical group email list.
The meeting times have been chosen such that researchers in the Americas, Europe and Asia can all participate. We are aware that they may be inconvenient for some, and upon request other meeting times can be considered. The developing agenda will appear HERE <https://indico.fnal.gov/category/1138/>.
The first meeting on April 30 will also invite participation of members of the topical group EF01 “Higgs Boson properties and couplings”. Collaboration between the two topical groups is crucial for the purpose of global SMEFT fits. The two groups will continue to have joint meetings in the future.

We also ask you to mark your calendars for a number of broader Snowmass meetings:
May 21, 2020, 8am-6pm EDT: Energy Frontier kick-off meeting (via Zoom)
July 9-10, 2020 (two full days): Energy Frontier workshop
Nov 4-5, 2020 (at Fermilab): First community meeting (all frontiers)
July 11-20, 2021 (at UW Seattle): Final community meeting

The Energy Frontier calendar is linked to the Energy Frontier wiki page: https://snowmass21.org/energy/start <https://snowmass21.org/energy/start>
If you have any questions, feel free to send us an email anytime.

We are looking forward to fruitful collaborations over the coming months!

Best wishes,
Alberto Belloni, Ayres Freitas, Junping Tian